Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Boon Process

For the last two Saturdays, the heat index here in Hotlanta has been anywhere from 105-110. I did not think it was a good idea for either one of us to be out in that kind of heat, (especially since training sessions are usually close to two hours in length) so Boon and I have missed a few weeks of training. Thankfully, we are in a very flexible training program: even if you are unable to attend consecutive training sessions, you still get the total number of sessions paid for...this is a very good thing!

Though we have not been able to attend the actual training sessions, we have still been working hard. Boon has learned the "Side" command (lies down on his side) and has also been working on "Forward" and "Finish". The whole process that we are currently working on is as follows: "Sit" to my right side, "Stay", I pivot in front of him while he continues to "Stay", I back up 2 feet, "Forward", "Sit", "Stay" and then "Finish" - which means Boon goes back to his starting point, my right side, and does a "Sit/Stay". We are also working on an alternate "Finish" where Boon begins on my right side, he then follows through with the process, but when it comes to the "Finish", Boon walks behind me and goes to a "Sit/Stay" on my left side.

Boon is doing a good job with this process. When we are working outside, he still has a tendency to want to go "Down" and not get back up...but he is making progress in this as well. Whether inside or outside, Boon is making progress with the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment