Friday, December 11, 2009

The Curiosities of Boon

Everyday, Boon and I go for several long walks together. Boon is interested in everything around him...there are so many things to smell and chase...and taste! Almost anything he sees, he wants to pick up with his mouth...he tries to eat rocks, sticks, leaves, dead worms, sticker balls, pinecones, plastic bags...the list goes on and on. It is the funniest thing to see him carry sticks that are two times his size or passionately crunch on rocks...really, anything he does, he does with passion...he is filled with curiosity and wonder.

Not only does Boon love to pick up things with his mouth...he loves water. When I turn on the faucet in the kitchen, he will sit there and just watch the water flow...when I fill his bowl with water, he is filled with excitement, sometimes tripping over his feet in sheer joy...if I go near the refrigerator, he sits there, hoping that I will give him a piece of ice.

Early this week, it was pretty rainy here in GA. As Boon and I took our trips outside on those rainy days, Boon found great delight in all the puddles of water...he wanted to drink water from EVERY puddle! I was ready to get inside...and he was licking up water from each step of our front porch. We have not been near a lake or big body of water yet, but I am pretty sure that Boon would take one look at a lake and jump in without any hesitation.

Watching Boon's zest for life has been a real treat for me. Without speaking a word, his passion rubs off on me...and I, too, begin to see my everyday happenings with a new wonder...with a spark of curiosity. It is so true that we never know what a day will hold...I believe the Lord wants to daily fill our lives with delight, not only with His presence but also with the beauty that He has created...I hope Boon never loses his fascination for everything around him...I look forward to our next romp...I am sure it will be filled with wonder and delight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment